Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

"Brought to You by the Number 4!"

Today's after School Snack is brought to you by the number 4!

My kids come home from school everyday starving! This is an important time to give our kids something nutritious, delicious and fun to eat. In my experience, if I give the kids something sugary or otherwise unhealthy they are hungry again before I've cleaned up the dishes from the first snack. So, embrace the after school snack! Make it fun, and take the time to sit and talk with the kids about the day they have had.


Today's snack includes:

4- Pineapple Piggies (Pineapple Chunks wrapped in Bacon)
4- Banana and Almond Butter Sandwiches
4-Raisins
4- Cherry Tomatoes
4- Blueberries

Presenting snack with a numbered theme presents a fun opportunity to talk about basic arithmetic as well. "I had four cherry tomatoes and I ate one. Four take away one is three" or "Four bananas plus four pineapple piggies makes eight"! These things can be fun. Happy Snacking!

1 comment: