Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Green Smoothies

Happy Monday!

Monday mornings in my house are so stressful. I feel like I say "hurry up!" and "It's time to go" about one hundred times before 9 AM. Getting out the door seems to be an impossible task, so eating a healthy breakfast needs to be fast and fun.

"Green Smoothies" have become a staple food in our house. When I was first presented the idea of a green smoothie I was very resistant. "Spinach in my smoothie? You have to be kidding me". Well, I tell you now, these are AWESOME!

What you need:

1 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Banana
1 Cup of Fresh Spinach
Handful of frozen fruit (your choice!)  Strawberries, pineapple, mango, blueberries, raspberries etc.
Add some fresh fruit too! I like to peel a "Cutie" Clementine and toss that into my smoothie!



The fun thing about smoothies is that anything really works. My kids love smoothies because they can choose what goes into it. Even if your kids insist they don't want the spinach, throw it in there anyway. They will never know! Green smoothies are like fruit and vegetable ninjas, the perfect way to sneak some extra nutrition into your kids and give them 3-5 servings of fruit and vegetables. It's a total win.

1 comment:

  1. YES! I love Green Smmothies. Great way to get those fruits and veggies in!

    ReplyDelete