Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Fajita Night

Last night was Fajita Night. I know the thought of fajitas without cheese and sour cream and well... tortillas seems a little depressing, but I am pleased to announce that this dinner came complete with my husband making that happy sound that husbands make when they are eating something delicious. He loved this meal so much he had three helpings!

I am going to tell you a little secret.... ready? I don't cook with onions. I HATE onion. The only time I use it is if I really want the flavor, and if that is the case I usually use the onion whole and then remove the onion before serving the dish. So, when you look at any recipe I post feel free to add onion if you are an onion person. 

Here it is! 


                                         Paleo Fajitas with Sauteed Mushrooms and Sugar Snap Peas

Fajitas

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast- Sliced in Strips 
Sliced Green, Red and Yellow Pepper
(Onion if you so desire)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Romaine Hearts

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken starts to brown. Add Peppers. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are your desired consistency. Then serve in a fresh romaine heart with some of your favorite fresh salsa. EASY!

I filled this dinner out with some sauteed fresh mushrooms and sugar snap peas. I heated about a tablespoon of Ghee in a skillet, added 1 clove of minced garlic and the veggies to the hot skillet. Then I sprinkled it with a little steak seasoning to add zip. Yummy! 

Tune in tonight to check out of Friday Family Fun Night! We are going to embrace our nerdy side and "boldly go" where no dinner has gone before. Have a fabulous Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment